Skip to main content

Strange Skin New Release Blog Hop!

It’s been quite a while since the dynamic duo (Pam and Jorge) of Strange Skin released some new images. But boy, has it been worth the wait! Today they are release 4, yes FOUR new sets that are all going to help you get your freak on. They’ve got something for everyone with this release, even if having a bit of the creep factor isn’t your thing. And trust me when I tell you, no one has images like these!

We have one heck of a hop for you today. There are gals from all different circles, using all different styles. And you are sure to love everything you see. The hop will of course start at Pam’s Blog, so if you haven’t gone there, please head on back to check her her. The complete blog roll is below. And to shop the new images, visit their Etsy shop HERE. And don’t forget!!! Today is the last day that you can get ANY of their original digis for half price! Yup! 50% off of their original sets. The new release items from today are not included in the sale.

I’ve made 2 cards for today’s hop. One cute, and the other creepy. Let’s start with the cute.

 

This is from the Wonderland Souvenirs collection. It’s inspired by Alice in Wonderland, and I just love it! This set is awesome!!!

Look at all of those fabulous tea cups! And that cute little mouse! I had so much fun coloring everything in. I wanted the tea cups to be totally mismatched…and well, they are!

I also used some mismatched paper, to add to the quirkiness of the image. How great would this be for an invitation to an afternoon tea party?

On to the creepy…I used the Ladybug from the Bugs collection for this one.

The photos show the card a little bit brighter than what they are in real life, but you get the idea… I made the ladybug really big, and colored it in with my watercolor markers. I went to town on the card base by inking, spraying and chalking on some bugs from a Martha Stewart stencil.

I tore up some kraft paper and inked the heck out of that too. But it needed something else…a little texture. So I added some clear microbeads to 2 corners of the card and a bit in the center.

I hope you can see them! If you click on this or any of my other pictures, you can see it bigger.It was just what the card needed. A little bit of…”Ewww…what is that?'”

Here are the watermarked images for all of the new sets.

bugs     “Bugs”

heartbreakers

“Heartbreakers Gang”

sweets

“Sweets”

wonderland

“Wonderland Souvenirs”

You’ll be seeing me use a lot of these in the very near future! Aren’t they fabulous??? Now, one lucky commenter will win 2 free digis from this release (Pam’s choice)! So be sure to visit everyone in the hop, and leave us all some love…because that’s how you’ll get entered into the drawing! She will have a post on her blog in a couple of days announcing the winner. So it’s time to get hopping!!!

Here's the blog roll:

Pamela: http://pamdabearshares.blogspot.com/

Alison: http://alisonsrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/ (me!)

Kelli: http://cajunstampingqueen.blogspot.com/

Lady Brayton: http://ladybrayton71.blogspot.com/

Jane: http://jcocraft.blogspot.com/

Alex: http://paperandstring.blogspot.com/

Cheryl: http://www.inktrap.blogspot.com/

Black Dragon: http://lynsblogger.blogspot.com/

Sara: http://welcometomydarkside.blogspot.com/

Ike: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoy the hop. Be sure to also visit the Strange Skin shop to snag these babies for yourself! And make sure you let us know when you use them! We’d love to see your creations. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

ike said…
WoWza - gorgeous creations. I love that tall stack of teacups... fabulous and the Bugs sets is my favourite :-D I wish I had done 2 projects now :-( xxxxxxxx
I LOVE YOUR tea cup card!!! I so can't wait to get this set!!! Plus the others!!! Your bug almost makes me think bugs are cute!!! LOL
Alison, these are both wonderful. I LOVE the teacup image. What you did with the ladybug, fabulous and it also looks like a lot of fun!
Suzi McKenzie said…
Gorgeous creations hunni, and i love the new images, especially the Alice inspired ones, gonna add them to my wishlist.
Hugs
Suzi
xxx
~Lady B~ said…
I love the energy of your cups card! The different colors and patterns go perfectly together to create the feeling of the crazy tea party.

Your ladybug card is awesome too! The card base and layers look organic...like the bug is on stone or weathered bark of some sort. Looks great!
Laura B said…
The new images are great! I love both of your creations. I especially like how you colored the teacups.:)
Alison... The images that you have used are awesome! I love how you colored them and Wow... You can do cute, cute! I love it! Hugs and Have a wonderful day!
Unknown said…
Great cards love the colours on the teacups
luv Jane xxx
Monique's art said…
love them both but the teacups is my favourite
Jenn Borjeson said…
Awesome cards, as always, Alison! :)
Kathi said…
The teacup card is fabulous and I love that image.

Actually, several of the new digis are speaking to me. Can you hear them?
Lea said…
OMG! I love that teacup card. Actually I love the set, so cute! Would be cool if we could combine that set with our Betty images when we do our upcoming release. They could be so cute together!
Pamdabear said…
Sister of mine, I know this is late, but I just wanna say thank you. Not just for participating in the hope and putting the whole thing together, but for always telling people about us and using our digis. You are our #1 supporter, and I love the crap out of you!!! <3 <3 <3

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "