Skip to main content

Sweet Gothic Kids Halloween Preview!

Hello hello! Welcome to the Simply Betty Stamps Sweet Gothic Kids Halloween Preview! Today, the SBS gals, and The Burtonesque Dolls are sharing 3 of the 6 new images that will be released tomorrow! And, I made 2 of my cards for sketch challenges. So, let’s get started!
The first sketch challenge I worked with was the latest Deconstructed Sketch. I love Jen’s sketches!

The Deconstructed Sketch 13
And here is my take on it, using Rag Doll Sally.

I opted to not go with Halloween colors for her. Doesn’t she look sugary sweet?

I colored her with markers. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday. And I used papers from various companies.
Next up is Punkin’ Judy! For this card, I used this month’s Smeared & Smudged Sketch.


And here’s my take on it.

Another cutie, right? I went for muted Fall colors for this one, and I love the end result. The houndstooth background paper (DCWV) has gold glitter on it, which is so pretty!

Again, I used markers for this image. For my last card today, I didn’t go with a sketch. Say hello to Pumpkin Carving Alex!

He makes me think that this is what Phoenix is going to look like in 10 years. I can totally picture him like this. Isn’t Alex handsome? I love his cool hair and funky clothes!

Markers were used yet again, and my sentiment is from Cosmo Cricket. The punch is from You-Know-Who. I love it because it’s so big and bold.
I hope you enjoyed this preview! Tomorrow, the Simply Betty Gals and The Burtonesque Dolls will show you the last 3 Sweet Gothic Kids, and it will also be release day! So you will be able to purchase these cuties for yourself! Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

Comments

Jen Shults said…
Oh my! These new guys are too cute!! I can't believe it's time to start thinking Halloween! Gorgeous work Alison!! :)
Wowzers!!! I am totally in love with your cards!!! Wonderful all 3 of them!!! I am totally going to start on Halloween projects again!!!
Suzi McKenzie said…
Absolutely stunning work, love them all. Your colouring skills are awesome, i'm rather green to say the least
Hugs
Suzi
xxx
Carol W. said…
Super cute cards! Love all three images and the coloring is amazing, TFS
Laura B said…
Cute! I love Rag Doll Sally!:)
DK Spins said…
Wonderful cards Alison! Like Laura, I love Rag Doll Sally - love the colors you chose for her.
~Lady B~ said…
You totally rock betty's images! Fantastic work!
Kathi said…
Bwa ha ha. She who will not be named. I have that punch and love it. It's actually made my EK Success, so that's what I call it. :D

I love the cards, expecially the pumpkin carving one.

Great coloring on them.

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

House Mouse Hop: Nurse Mouse

Hello! I am excited to bring you my first of two posts today. This post is for the House Mouse & Friends Blog Hop. My second will be for Aurora Wings. You can click HERE to see that post. But don't leave yet! Read to the bottom of my post to find out how you can have a shot at winningMy House Mouse project features the adorable Nurse Mouse stamp. My full instructions and supply list is below. Supplies: Stampendous : HMP62 : Nurse Mouse DWLX7026 : Chevron Stencil STF082: VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Others : My Colors Cardstock : Ocean Side Zig Clean Color Markers: 010, 020, 024, 028, 029, 050, 052, 064, 065, 069, 071, 072, 090, 091, 092, 094, 095, 096, 098, 222, 260, 302, 900, 901, 902 Imagine: Silver irRESISTable Pico Embellisher, StazOn White Opaque, Sponge Dauber Canson Mixed Media Cardstock Ranger: Water Brush Beacon Adhesives : Zip Dry Glue Red Cardstock: unknown Directions: 1. Stamp the image with VersaFine on to Mixed Media paper. This paper holds wa