Skip to main content

May Bombshell Blog Hop!

I’m participating in my second Bombshell Stamps Hump Day Hop! This month, the challenge is called, “Look Ma, I did it!” Kas says:

Call it a Mother's Day theme....or Just fun.
This month, we want to see what you are made of....and what you can make.
You can make any sort of project, a card, a layout, an altered object...whatever...you just need to make a handmade embellishment. It can be a flower, button, etc... You just have to make it.
Pair it with a great Bombshell stamp and get ready for the bloghop.

Here’s my creation:

May-Bombshell-Hop

Yee Haw! This Bombshell is ready to wrestle up a bull, ain’t she??? So what did I “create?” I made my background using a stencil and chalk, plus Distress Inks. And, I made my little embellishment using a Nestabilities and one of the sentis from the Lil’ Grumpies set (obsessed? Hell yeah!). Here’s a close up of this purdy little wrangler:

May-Bombshell-Hop2

Please click on any of the photos for a close up.She’s colored in with my Spectracolor colored pencils. And then to dull down the colors I rubbed a whole lotta Antique Linen Distress Ink on top, plus a touch of Walnut Stain.

May-Bombshell-Hop3 

Here’s a close up of my handmade embelli and background. And I also used the May sketch for my card! I almost forgot to mention that! Here’s the sketch:

So I flipped it on it’s side and changed it just a wee bit, but I think you can still totally “get “ the sketch here, right?

And there you have it! I am one month closer to enjoying my Bombshell Month of July!!! Now it’s time for you to continue the hop! Here’s the full hop list:

Kas
Kelli
BoHoRose
Katie
Alison (that’s me!)
Angie
Kathi
Cheryl
Sy

Enjoy! Have an inspiring day!!!

Comments

Shaz said…
Love you coloring work! Sentiment embellishments are so versatile, great idea!
First off I have always loved the Bombshell stamps. I had no clue that you were part of their dt until yesterday. I guess I am too busy reading what you post to look at the sides--lol

i really like how you colored the pinup cowgirl and used the inks to make it look vintage.

Have you done the newest Pink Ninjas challenge --random? I am having problems thinking of something to scrap for it. I posted new layouts using their kits on their gallery page though.
Kas said…
Super love the project. She is one of my fav stamps. Great job with the sketch and the card!!
Chelsea said…
Ha ha it's Kissing Kate Barlow! Love it. Great colors!
Unknown said…
hehe, this one is great Alison. Love the coloring you've done
Kathi said…
Fantastic card. Great take on the sketch. I love the coloring you did on the cowgirl!
Cheryl Valadez said…
Yeehaw, is right! This is one purty little filly! Fabulous card and that swirly background is amazing!
Unknown said…
I love the color...OMG...it's sweeeet!
Susan Payton said…
What a pleasurable experience touring your blog page has been. Thank you for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com
CraftyMomOf3 said…
Love this Alison!!!! Such a phenomenal job!!! Just gorgeous, fun and flirty!

XOXO
Meredith
Leigh Ann Baird said…
She's a right purdy gal! Lots of people talk like that around here (TN)! LOL Lovely card!
Daniella said…
Hot stuff for sure darlin'!!! Yee Haw!!!

Delightful and fun card. I love it!!
Angie Williams said…
Wonderful stuff!! I guess great minds do think alike! :)
Jennifer said…
I almost missed this. GREAT card.
KarmaCraft said…
I love the colors! And yeah, she's more than ready to wrestle that bull. Look out bull!!
stick said…
Fantastic, love your embellishment!
Alyssa S said…
Great card! I love her and still need to ink her up. The chalked background is really cool! Love the vintage, Westerny feel of this card!

Popular posts from this blog

Our Favorites: ADfD Blog Hop

***Sorry for the late posting....Blogger doesn't always play nice! Today is the first day of our  ADFD Blog Hop  - a celebration of all of the beautiful images Tammy has created over the years. As a special surprise for Tammy, we have a combination of current and former DT members participating in the hop. Her inspiring art and generous heart have touched us all. We want to take a moment to show our gratitude and thank Tammy for the blessings and joys we have received as members of the ADFD DT. Our theme is “A Collection of ADFD Favorites” - so each DT member’s blog you visit will share something she has created with one of her favorite ADFD images.  The hop has   hidden prizes  - a commenter from each hidden prize stop will win a choice of one image from the ADFD Shop ! You won’t know where the prizes are hidden, so be sure to leave a comment at each stop of the Hop!  Our Blog Hop will run from 7:00 a.m. eastern standard time on Saturday, February 25, 2017 until 9:00 p.m. eas

Christmas in July with Imagine Crafts & Stencil Girl!

Hello! Have you heard? The Imagine AIRs have been hopping with Stencil Girl! If you have been here before, you know I loooove me some stencils, so this collaboration was very exciting for me! The teams are hopping for 3 consecutive Saturdays, and this is week 2. I have the entire list of hop links at the bottom of the post. Be sure you don't miss anyone! I decided to to create an extra large gift tag with my new stencils. Using red cardstock, I taped down the Journal Texture #8 Stencil  and inked it up with Golden Glitz Delicata ink . I promise you, this is the BEST gold ink you will ever use! The Journal stamp only has 2 diamonds on it (it's a 4x4" stencil), so after I inked up the first pair, I moved over the stencil, lined it up, and inked again. Next I wanted to do something textural with the Urban Insiders Star . So I took some evergreen cardstock, taped down the star, and slathered on some yummy Iridescent Green Creative Medium . After the medium dried, I ga

Remembering Aletha

Greetings, Friends. This post today is part of a very special blog hop. We are celebrating the life of an amazingly talented artist and friend. The crafting community lost Aletha Jane Williams on May 5, 2019. Those of us that worked with her on Design Teams or on Challenge Blogs all agree that she was one of the sweetest and most talented women we knew. We are not here to mourn her loss though. This hop is happening in conjunction with a very special celebration of her life and her art that her husband Bob is holding in her home city of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Please join us in honoring our incredibly creative friend Aletha . My card features the "Remembering Aletha" Sprite, which Mitzi (owner and artist of Aurora Wings ) created specifically for this hop. She is generously giving the digi away to all, over on her blog. This sweet Sprite looks so much like Aletha, and I know she would have been honored. If you download this digi for yourself, please be sure to give a huge "